Safety and protection using chef knife cases
You are now the proud owner of a set of high quality knives, something you consider to be one of your most valuable possessions. To keep them in perfect condition and prevent the blades from getting nicked or chipped, you need them to be protected at all times especially as you move from one area to another carrying these blades. Then, you need a chef knife case to house them especially during the crucial times when you have no choice but to transport them from one area, say your school or place of work and your home.
Looking for the perfect knife case for your precious blades could be a daunting task as there are hundreds of designs and styles to choose from. Even if you try to just make your shopping online, you will still be bombarded with the assortments of carrying cases available in multitude of colors, styles and designs and even others with additional functionalities.
To help you sort through your different options, here are some that could be worthy of your attention and evaluation, with average price shown.
– You could opt for the simplest and the cheapest ones. Some of the options are either the Table Craft 17 knife case at $19.99 or Chef’s sharp 12 piece knife case at $15.95. The usual materials of these knife cases are nylon.
– If you opt for a safer and more secured transport and storage of your blades, there is the Victorinox Universal Attach Case for $44.95.
– For those who are trendy and would like to add a touch of style and personality to their choice of knife cases, varied designs such as camouflage, tiger stripes or leopard print and in different colors such as navy blue, brown, burgundy, green or brighter ones like orange, pink and red are also widely available. Price ranges from as low as $14.99 to $89.99 and even more.
– The Global Professional Knife case is a bit complicated and offer other functionalities such as additional room for your chef’s uniform and shoes. You could also fit in your laptop computer, some pens and pencils, your business card and other handy gadgets and miscellaneous items. It could hold 11 knives, each in a separate protective sleeve so you don’t need to worry about edge or blade guards. Over all, it’s a practical choice and is one of the most thought of and best cases in the market as it considered and allowed space for all of the chef’s belongings. It sells for $189.
– Other knife makers also offer their knife sets in specially designed chef knife case. The Wusthof Culinar Chef Attache case which is being sold at $1,300 includes 3-1/2″ Paring Knife, 5″ Boning Knife, 6″ Carving and Serving Fork, 8″ Bread Knife, 8″ Carving Knife and LI8″ Chef’s Knife among others. The Henkels Professional S Chef Attache case knife set which includes 13-piece set is available for $900.
In the end, you must always remember that the primary purpose of the chef knife case is to protect your valuable blades and provide ease in transport. Take it from there and make your choice.